Here's what my pretty little Lipstick Queen pouch looks like all filled up with my summer lip selections. Not sure if you can tell from the photo, but it is pushing maximum capacity! That's one solid brick of lipstick :)
And below, all of the contents strewn about. Yes, I have been carrying around nearly 15 lipsticks with me of late. Crazy? Indeed! But I do always have a shade to fit my mood, outfit, or social demand at the ready. For that, I'll accept the extra weight!
As you'll see below, I'm quite a sucker for vibrant shades during the summertime (go figure). When the temperatures heat up, I snag all the fuchsias, hot pinks, and corals in my sight. Check them all out below, organized by colour family.
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Lickable. This might be my favourite MAC lipstick of all time, and that's saying a lot! As you can see, it's almost seen its last swipe, proof that it's gotten lots of love. It's a semi sheer cherry popsicle sort of fuchsia with a subtle sheen. So perfectly summery!
- e.l.f. Essential Lipstick in Sociable. This is an affordable little number that really surprised me! It's a full on fuchsia with subtle silver shimmer. It packs a serious colour punch, but remains quite wearable.
- Revlon ColourBurst Lacquer Balm in Vivacious. A gorgeous glossy fuchsia in a handy chubby pencil format. The wear time is pretty impressive despite the glossy finish!
- NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick in Schiap. Such an iconic shade- it's a staple of mine, particularly during the summer. It's a matte blue-toned orchid fuchsia that brightens the face so nicely!
|(L-R) Schiap, Vivacious, Sociable, Lickable|
The Hot Pinks
- Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon. This is a reddened bright pink with a semi-sheer finish. An effortless way to bring life to the face and is super comfortable on the lips!
- Milani Colour Statement Lipstick in Flamingo Pose. This is a gorgeous warm rosy vibrant pink with ultra colour payoff and an almost-matte finish. Not for the timid!
- Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in Unapologetic. Almost identical to Flamingo Pose, but a touch more coral and a smidge more matte :)
|(L-R) Unapologetic, Flamingo Pose, Wild Watermelon|
The Oranges and Corals
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous. An extremely wearable orange coral, thanks to the semi-sheer, slightly shiny finish. Perfect for those who want to try an orange-toned lip, but are feeling a bit hesitant. And the wear time is great!
- Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral. What's not to love about this one? A bold pinky coral with a strong colour payoff, a subtle sheen, and ultra luxe packaging. It's beautiful stuff!
- MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Korean Candy. The truest, juiciest orange in my stash! It has a beautiful shiny finish and a sheer, but buildable formula. The shade name is ultra fun too :)
- MAC Amplified Lipstick in Vegas Volt. The best-ever electric coral lipstick out there! I always get tons of compliments when I'm wearing it. Makes a statement, but isn't overwhelming. Love it!
|(L-R): Vegas Volt, Korean Candy, True Coral, Rendezvous|
The (Slightly) Softer Side
- YSL Glossy Stain in Beige Anarchist. My all-time favourite nude, as it's not quite nude :) It's a rosy beige with subtle coppery shimmer. Works with just about any makeup look and it leaves a lovely shine on the lips.
- Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. This actually can be layered to create quite a bold peachy coral lip, but at first swipe, it leaves a beautiful fresh peach tint. Very summery!
- MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Crosswires. So, this isn't quite a "soft" shade, but it's one of the more muted corals in my collection. Halfway between orange and pink, this is perfect for those who want to go coral without committing to an electric lip. I reach for it often!
|(L-R) Crosswires, Juicy Papaya, Beige Anarchist|
I hope you enjoyed a peek in my (incredibly over-stuffed) summer bag! I'm sure it gave you a sense of my lipstick-centric ways, but hopefully it also tempted you to check out one of these fun, summery shades!
And yes, this what my arm looked like at 9am on Saturday. Typical ;)
As always, thanks for reading! Have a fantastic week :)