The Ambient Lighting Blushes come in sleek, square-shaped reflective plastic cases with the shade names printed on the back.
Though the compact is fun to stare at, it's the product itself that's the true show-stopper. The marbled design is a mix of coloured blush and one of Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powders. In the case of Radiant Magenta, the mix includes a cheery cool-toned candy pink and the warmer gilded beige Radiant Light powder.
The blended mix of these contrasting shades lies somewhere between fuchsia and coral and imparts a subtle golden sheen. Equal parts boldness and softness and entirely pretty!
Here is Radiant Magenta swatched on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone) in (first) warmer, natural light and (second) cooler artificial lighting:
|Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Radiant Magenta (L) swatched heavily and (R) blended|
And here it is on my face! I applied it to the apples of my cheeks and blended up to the temples:
And here, in the context of a completed makeup look. I paired it with my brand-spakin' new Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (but that's for another post!):
And now for a full breakdown of the best and worst bits about this pretty blush!
- Blends effortlessly into skin
- Can be applied lightly for a sheer effect or layered for a bolder look
- Imparts a lovely glow to the skin without chunky shimmer or obvious glitter
- Perfect mix of cool and warm hues; should be suitable for most skin tones
- Wears evenly without fading all day long!
- Vegan, animal-friendly, and paraben-free!
- The plastic packaging is slightly flimsy. I'm a bit worried about the blush shattering if dropped!
- At $41 CAD, this is quite pricey, as blushes go!
And there you have it! Hourglass rarely gets it wrong and Radiant Magenta is no exception! The formula is soft and blendable, the shade is bold, yet incredibly wearable, and the wear time is tops. A true stunner!
Are you a fan of Hourglass Cosmetics? What bold blushes have you been loving lately?
Thanks for reading! xo