FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 30 June 2013

Life Recently #5

Hi, everyone! It's been a couple months since my last installment of Life Recently (where I share with you shots from my (mostly) non-makeup-related life), so here are some of my favourite photos from May and June!  Hope you enjoy :)

Perfect blogging breakfast at one of my favourite local coffee shops, featuring an incredible meal of toasted cranberry focaccia and brie + an incredibly strong coffee.  Mmmm... :)

Sadie, looking pretty as always :)

My crazy desk calendar in May. Things really do get more bizarre each month, and I love it!

Went to the Royal Ontario Museum (the ROM, full of natural history, art, and ancient artifacts) and what do I take a photo of? Cleopatra doing her makeup. Of course ;)

I also managed to get a shot of this breath-taking totem poll, reaching 4 stories in height

Base of the totem poll; this dude is serious!

Blogging over breakfast, part 2. Veggie omelette and a mocha coconut latte. Heavenly!

Sleepy Sadie. Zzzzzz...

My sister's bachelorette party was in May, hosted by our lovely friend who planned the whole thing! These are the adorable gift bags she put together for us.

My sister and I at her bachelorette party. I'm closing my eyes, but love the shot anyways! Notice the table covered in amazing snacks! 

My sister's wedding colour was teal (the shade of the bridesmaids dresses), so our friend baked an ombre cake with the colour scheme. Delicious and beautiful! 

We played Cards Against Humanity, which is wickedly naughty and incredibly fun. This was my starting hand, which makes me laugh every time! Luckily nothing too inappropriate! :)

Made dinner with a friend a few weeks ago; the starter was a mixed green salad with apple and pomegranate. So yummy, especially when paired with a 10% IPA! 

Sadie's way of telling me that I've been travelling too much and that she wants to come with me next time ;)

The sky was just too gorgeous, had to snap a photo!

An outdoor, unplugged concert in Trinity Bellwoods park on a gorgeous weekend afternoon!

Sculptures in Nathan Phillips Square by renowned Chinese artist Ai WeiWei

Each sculpture is a sign of the Chinese Zodiac!

My Chinese sign is the Pig! Here he is, looking particularly smiley!

Just when you thought things couldn't get weirder... June :)

That's it! The summer has really gotten off to a fun start; here's hoping July and August are equally spectacular!

To see my previous installments of Life Recently, see here, here, here, and here.

What fun summer activities have you been getting up to lately?

Thanks for reading! xo

33 comments:

  1. Sooooo jealous of your Nathan Phillips Square pics. Fancy swapping places for a while? haha

    http://nataliewrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It really is a lovely spot in the city :) But there's so much travelling I'd love to do- a swap is tempting ;)

      Delete
  2. The cake looks super delicious and the color it's very cool xx

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cat and pretty food! The life! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely to good life! Can't go wrong with good food and cute pets :)

      Delete
  4. That breakfast you had looks ahh-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like lots of fun! I loved that bachelorette survival kit :) and of course Sadie - what a gorgeous kitty :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound like you had a great time, isn't it?
    Come back soon to visit me on Cosa Mi Metto???
    Win your favorite iPaint cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of great times! Thanks for stopping by, Fabrizia :)

      Delete
  7. You look like you've had an amazing time, the food all looks so yummy, especially the cake :) Love the bachelorette survival kits too.
    Rosalie x
    RosalieJayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had some great times! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Great photos! Seems like you had a really good last two months.

    INDIA Haircare Giveaway // Clearasil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the update dear! Congratulations for your sister and the teal cake is so much fun! :)
    You look beautiful and happy on the photo with your sister!

    xx, Sandra @ Blasfemmes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sandra! Your kind comments always mean a lot to me :)

      Delete
  10. Haha that calendar is amazing! That picture of your cat in your suitcase is killing me; too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cute?! And yeah, Sadie knows exactly what to do to look adorable and photogenic :)

      Delete
  11. Everything looks delicious! Especially that ombre cake. I love the calendar too! So funny.

    Je M'appelle Molly

    xo Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so glad I picked up that calendar. Makes me laugh every month! Thanks for stopping by, Molly :)

      Delete
  12. Your calendar is really fun!
    I love your meals, they look yummi and healthy Jen, I wish I could that that balance :)

    xx

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I try to be healthy most of the time, but I definitely splurge pretty often :)

      Delete
  13. the teal cake looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this post!! I've totally been to that museum in Ottawa (Ottawa has suchhh great museums!) and Cards Against Humanity is easily one of my favorite games to play. Love it!

    XO, Abundance of Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica! This museum is actually in Toronto, but I'm sure it's similar. Isn't Cards Against Humanity great!?

      Delete
  15. what a lovely breakfast! I could really go for some brie right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't go wrong with brie ;) Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  16. The calendar is definitely nuts! That's why I love it :)The bachelorette party was super fun and yeah, I try to get out to eat a yummy breakfast when I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cards Against Humanity is hilarious! SO fun!

    thebeautyblahg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)