As you can see, the shadow is contained in a transparent glass jar with a sleek black lid featuring the Bobbi Brown logo.
Here are a few shots of the outer box:
Touted as being water-resistant! Also, a list of the ingredients for those who are interested:
Though the packaging is rather simple, I find it to be quite beautiful!
Here's a view of the product itself. As you can see, it's a warm plummy-brown with gold shimmer:
Here are a couple swatches:
|Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Velvet Plum, against my NC15 skin tone|
On the skin, the gold shimmer is quite prominent, but it doesn't look gaudy of over the top. A perfect balance of shine and sophistication! Also, from most angles the brown undertones are stronger than the plummy tones, but once in a while you get a glimpse of purple and it's quite stunning!
Here are a couple photos of the Velvet Plum on my eyes (concentrated on on the crease and outer corner), paired with Stila Oasis Eye Shadow on the inner corners:
These photos aren't the best, but I think they aptly demonstrate the gold shimmer and mix of brown and plummy tones!
And for a breakdown of the ups and downs of this lovely product:
- Beautiful shade that would be ideal for anyone who likes brown, gold, or purple tones in their eye makeup
- Quite long-wearing, as the name claims. Lasted all day over top of my Urban Decay Primer
- Applies creamy but dries to a semi-matte finish that does not leave the eyelids feeling greasy
- Looks lovely on its own or layered with other shades of eye shadow
- Very concentrated, so a little goes a long way. This tiny pot should last forever!
- Can be applied easily with either fingertips or a brush
- Durable, compact packaging that's easy on the eyes :)
- At just over $30 CAD, this is a bit of an investment
- As the brown undertones are stronger than the purple tones, "Velvet Plum" may be a slightly misleading shade name for those seeking a true plummy colour
- Not the best option for those who don't like shimmer in their eye shadow.
Overall, I'm really happy with this little gem of a product! The formula is truly long-wearing and the shade is unique and quite flattering on my brown eyes. I'm definitely tempted to test out other shades from the Long-Wear Cream Shadow collection- when budget allows, that is! ;)
Have any of you tried these cream shadows from Bobbi Brown? What are your favourite cream eye shadow formulas? Prettiest shades?
Thanks for reading! xoxo