FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 24 December 2012

Look of the Day: Holiday Fantasy

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone! Today's featured Look of the Day is one I created to be extra fun, festive, and vibrant. It centres around sparkly golden eyes, shimmery pink cheeks, and glossy cherry lips. I was happy with how it turned out!


The star product of this look is Lush Emotional Brilliance Liquid Eyeliner in Fantasy, which is a brilliant sparkly gold shade. To see a swatch of it, click here! I used it as an eyeliner underneath the eye, then as a cream shadow all over my lid. The result was a seriously dramatic gold eye! I went to the doctor's that day, and she literally had to stop the exam to say "wow, I'm mesmerized by your eye shadow!", so I guess I was successful at creating an eye-catching look!

Also key to the look is the now classic NARS Orgasm Blush (what better way to compliment sparkly, gold eyes than with the ultimate pinky-gold blush!?) and the lovely YSL Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy in Luscious Cherry, a vibrant cherry pink with fine gold shimmer. It's one of my new favourites! Because all the key features of the face were quite bold and shimmery, I kept the base quite matte and didn't use any other highlighters or accents. 



Here's a breakdown of everything I used for the look:

Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Whipped Creme Makeup in Buff
Concealer: NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer in 03 Light
Powder: Lush Emotional Brilliance Transluscent Face Powder
Bronzer: Chanel Soliel Tan de Chanel Luminous Bronzing Powder in Sable Rose
Blush: NARS Orgasm Powder Blush

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Ash Blonde
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
Eye Shadows: Lush Emotional Brilliance Liquid Liner in Fantasy (as an eye shadow blended out on the lid and as a liquid liner underneath the eye), Laura Mercier eye shadow in Sandstone (as a highlight on inner corners/brow bone), and the deep chocolate brown shade of the NARS Cordura eye shadow duo (in the crease to add definition)
Eyeliner: Revlon ColourStay Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black
Mascara: Clinique Lash Doubling in Black

Lips: 
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Sheer Candy in Luscious Cherry

Here are a few more views of the look!





Over my right shoulder (your left) you can see some festive wall stickers. Penguins with Santa hats and snowflakes, to be exact! They are just some of the fun Christmas decorations that my boyfriend secretly adorned my apartment with. Like a ninja, he visited my apartment when I was out and completely turned it into a winter wonderland. It was one of the nicest and most thoughtful things ever! What a guy <3

I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and fun-filled holiday this week! Merry Christmas! :)

25 comments:

  1. awh your eyeshadow looks gorgeous, wish i could pull off sparkles like this! have an amazing christmas :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff as always Jen! If I don't get to see you in Windsor over the holidays, I hope you guys have a great Christmas and a happy New Year. But hopefully I'll get to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike! Definitely hope to cross paths while I'm home :)

      Delete
  3. You have perfect skin girl! Such a lovely look! Its vibrant yet wearable and really suits you! Also great choice on the blusher, the gold compliments it nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much, Marvelle! I was happy to see how well NARS Orgasm went with this eye shadow :)

      Delete
  4. That gold looks beautiful!! And what a nice thing your boyfriend did :) Hope you had a good Christmas!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rute! It really was the sweetest thing he did for me. Hope your Christmas was great as well :)

      Delete
  5. Looove the gold eye shadow, it looks amazing!

    xo
    Elise
    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Elise! It's definitely one of my new favourite eye shadows :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous look on you - love the sparkle!

    xo,
    Lela - www.lelaLONDON.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lela! I'm definitely loving the sparkle too for this time of year :)

      Delete
  7. The eye-makeup looks lovely! Merry Christmas to you!

    xx Jana

    http://janapaper.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tjaana! Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

      Delete
  8. You have such beautiful eyes :)
    Love the make up :D
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, thanks so much Lejla! I'll check out your blog for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the eye shadow, it's so pretty. And it goes so well with the lip colour. I'm not surprised at all that your doctor had to stop and compliment you! :)

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much! It definitely is one of my new favourite shadows :)

      Delete
  11. What a doll! Loving that make-up. It's so festive, but still not too much. And god I love your braid :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gita! That's the look I was going for- festive, but not completely over the top :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's one of my new favourite shades :)

      Delete
  13. Wow this look is gorgeous! I looked at that eyeliner in Lush the other day and almost bought it and now I know that I have to! xx

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)