Thursday, 16 February 2017

A Murale Optimum Points Haul

Hi, everyone! About once per year, I reach a coveted status in the shopping world: the top tier of Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points! The excitement for this milestone is real, as it allows you to snag $170 in free goodies from the store. Not too shabby, eh? Once I reach that level, I usually test my patience further and wait for an extra promotion. Such an opportunity arose last weekend, when Shoppers and Murale both held events that allowed you to redeem the full $170 as well as earn back another $30 worth of points. I thought I'd use this as a chance to travel up to Murale for the very first time (it's about a 45-minute transit ride from my home), as I'd heard nothing but good things about the brand selection there! 


I seriously spent over an hour filling, switching, and re-filling my shopping basket. Murale has the most wonderful selection of brands (NARS, Chanel, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Lipstick Queen, Kat Burki, Tata Harper, and RMS, just to name a few), which made it so difficult to narrow things down. Also, when you spend months building up your Optimum Points, you really want to get the most bang for your buck and to choose wisely! 


Here's a peek at the goodies I finally ended up choosing!


Chanel Plisse Lumiere de Chanel Illuminating Powder ($76 CAD)
I don't think Chanel has released a limited edition highlighter that's not a true work of art, but I'm usually able to resist. There was something about this one, however, that made me want to splurge. Not only is the design simultaneously intricate and mesmerizing (it was inspired by the delicate nature of folded Japanese paper), but the shade itself is beyond lovely. Chanel describes it as "a pure and delicate golden light", but I'd say it's more of a rose gold-tinged ivory, It's neither too warm nor too frosty and is so perfect on my fair-light skin tone. The design is so gorgeous, I hated to dig in, but me and my cheekbones are so happy I did.



Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in Natural ($22 CAD)
I don't wear lip liner often, but when I do, I prefer a shade that's close to my natural lip tone, as that really pairs with everything! Till now, my go-to "my lips but better" shade was MAC Whirl (a true classic), but my Whirl pencil is now over 10 years old, so I thought I'd branch out. Enter Lipstick Queen Natural. First off, this formula is wonderfully soft and creamy, with just enough stiffness that it doesn't slip or smudge. And once it sets, it's pretty bulletproof. It promises to be transfer- and waterproof (which I have found to be true) and also touts antioxidant protection, which I won't complain about! Also, Natural is a wonderful shade to give some natural rosiness to my typically pale lips. It's a warm mid-tone rose that gives a beautiful punch of colour, while remaining perfectly neutral. I love wearing it all over the lips for an ultra natural look! 


NARS NARSissist Unfiltered I Cheek Palette ($76 CAD)
I am on OG fan of NARS blushes, but I had not purchased one in ages. A travesty, really. I was able to remedy that in a huge way, however, when I picked up this palette. I'd been eyeing it since its release a couple months ago because I loved the range of warmer hues and I'd been lusting after Exhibit A (the bold matte red in the palette) for years. Also, this palette wonderfully excluded classic shades like Orgasm and Deep Throat (which are in every palette and we all have them already, seriously!!), so it didn't force me to re-purchase any shades already in my collection. I haven't calculated the value of this palette based on weight, but it was an excellent value for me, given that I never actually finish a blush and this palette is essentially the cost of 2 regular NARS blushes. I am so in love with the rosy, plummy tones on the bottom row and the highlighter shade is beyond gorgeous. If you're in the market for blush (or are a true NARS junkie) you need this!!


I seriously can't over-state how much time I spent agonizing over this haul, as there were so many incredible brands to choose from and I wanted to get the most of my $170 worth of points. Part of me wished I had several products to share, rather than just three, but in the end I'm so glad I chose these few solid, beautiful options instead. I'm deeply in love with each of them! Also, you can see the makeup look I created with these new goodies in my last post!

Did you snag anything from Murale or Shoppers Drug Mart last weekend during the promo event? I'd love to hear what you got (and also if I tempted  you with anything here)!

Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

                                              Bloglovin'|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram

5 comments:

  1. Such a nice haul. Liked it.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got yourself 3 amazing products and the Nars palette is gorgeous! I don't shop at Shoppers, for some reason I just don't understand the point system. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murale is a 45 minute DRIVE from my house so even though they have great brands, I don't go unless I really really want something. I ended up redeeming at my Shoppers because they just got Chanel and Darphin! I ended up getting the Darphin 8 Flower Nectar Oil for one redemption (I had 250,000 points) and a bunch of Chanel for the next! The illuminator was sold out though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to Murale two times and I seriously spend an hour and a half to two hours there each time. It takes me over an hour to get there from my house, but it's so worth it for all those brands that you can't get at regular Shoppers! Last time I went I dropped my entire 95,000 points on NARS. That NARS palette is so lovely, the colour selection is amazing. That plummy magenta shade in the bottom row is SCREAMING out at me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally forgot about this redemption weekend and missed out on redeeming on these lovely goodies! I hope the program isn't going away soon because I need to pick up a few more CHANEL and Dior backups!!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)